Thursday, May 26, 2005

"Big air" time at Basic Training...


Now that word is out that Basic Training has a massive dirt jump, and weather has been very much like summer... this evening a large group met up outside of Santiam Bicycle in Salem, and we made the trek out to Blackrock specifically to session the new jump. It was great to see it hit again and again and again (and again), and to hit it again and again and... *chuckle* I actually cleared the entire wooden tranny a couple of times (landing rear tire on the dirt part of tranny). That means I could clear the road on the real road gap. Think I'll practise more though. The amount of time spent in the air allows for quite a lot to go wrong before getting back down to earth. I need to get more comfortable with what a good jump feels like and what a bad one feels like (and what to do to compensate).

There was 7 or 8 people out there this evening, and I spent some time practising taking action shots with my Nikon D70. Tried the "pro" mode with Shutter priority and using the flash. Here's what I got...

49 photos...
Basic Training Simulated Road Gap jumping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home