Saturday, April 23, 2005

Progression at Blackrock freeride trails!


Went to Falls City for early morning ride today with friends (left from Salem around 6am which put us on the trail by 7am!) Had the gate key also since we planned to work a bit on the Basic Training area. Before we worked, we rode. Like MAD! I finally mustered the courage to drop off of the Granny's Kitchen "ski jump" drop for the first time! (pictured here). It's got a pretty big gap between drop and the landing so it's kinda scary. The hang time seems to last forever also... Seems like twice as long "air time" than anything I've dropped before. I was landing about half way down the tranny - right in the sweet spot - most of the time. It was smooth as butter... Took lots more pictures while on this ride too. Check out Freeride - Blackrock_20050423 for what I dumped to web photo album pages on my computer.

Tomorrow (Sunday) Wendy and Erika are riding in Salem Bicycle Club's Monster Cookie ride (about 60 mile ride from Salem up to Portland - Champoeg park). I'm planning to take more photos of their ride, and will post them to a web page like the one above. I plan to just ride my motorcycle (if the weather isn't too terrible). They're going to also ride the Watermelon and Peach century rides so they can earn the "road animal" award. Wish 'em luck!  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home