Monday, April 04, 2005

Crazy weekend...

On Friday night, we threw a last minute BBQ for freeride friends. Was fun. Kind of a spur of the moment sort of deal. Called up some people, invited 'em, and fired up the BBQ. That's so not like Wendy and I... but just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Everyone said it was fun and we should do it again sometime. It was interesting to hear girlfriends and wives comparing notes about what they thought about freeriding.

Saturday I spent out at Blackrock - working on trails and riding with the Basic Training build crew. It was a good day. I dropped off the new big drop about 10 times - landed each and every one just fine (except one when my foot slipped off the pedal - that got a bit exciting for a moment!) We started building the first big jump in the "bowl" of Basic Training, and I got to try it out first. It'll allow people to jump 3' or 30' - and the transition landing area will take care of them. It's gonna have a HUGE transition! We plan to build a 14' wooden landing area immediately after the jump, so if you clear the wooden and land on the dirt part of tranny - then you'll know for certain you can also easily clear the Granny's Kitchen road gap (a stunt further up the hill) - because it's about 14' to jump the road.

Took some pictures. I put them up to share with everyone here: http://joer.no-ip.info/webphotos/Freeride%20-%20Blackrock/index.html

On Sunday, Wendy and I went out to the coast. Been putting that off too long. Have been meaning to go for weeks. While we were there (in Lincoln City) we made reservations at a hotel on the beach for 4th of July weekend for when my parents are in town - planning to go see fireworks over the bay near Lincoln City and then stay the night. Good thing we planned ahead - the hotels are mostly all booked already for the 4th! And most require a 3 night stay minimum for holiday weekends, but the one we found had a gap between two reservations, so we got a room just for one night on the 4th of July! Lucky.

We also hunted for a couple of geocaches, just for something else to do while we were at the coast. I played around with taking photographs of seagulls and stuff in the tidepools. We took the dogs with us, and they enjoyed running around the beach and smelling stuff.

It was a good, full weekend.

Oh, and I'm sick. Stupid head cold thing. Sapping my energy, and now I'm loosing my voice too. It's like, I should use some personal time off or something... but I don't want to! (Planning on several trips up to Canada - for freeriding! - and a week back in Montana, so want to save my days...) We'll see I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home