Sunday, March 27, 2005


Yesterday, the Basic Training build crew was out constructing a new 5' drop into the advanced dirt jump line. We built this in the morning, and it was ready for testing by noon. I had to fight them off to let me hit it first! I put all of the rungs on and helped build the transition (the landing area - on the picture above that's the grayish rocky part on the right). Worked great - it was a lot of fun trying it out first. I pulled up a little too much on my first try (didn't want to nose in), but my second attempt was smooth - landed just right - the tranny was solid and the run out just right. It'll be a lot more fun once the dirt jumps are built and we can flow right down into the main part of Basic Training. Can't wait to try it again next weekend! It's helping me prepare for a larger drop further up the trails - the "ski jump" up on Granny's Kitchen. That's got a pretty wide gap, but really isn't much bigger than this drop we built. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home