Monday, August 21, 2006

ABHCWW AKC Herding trial in Arlington, WA

In the Zone Photography (Wendy and I) handled the event photography services for the All-Breeds Herding Club of Western Washington (ABHCWW) at their trial at On the Lamb Farm in Arlington, WA. It was a slow weekend Friday - Sunday (not many sales because they didn't have a lot of entries for the event), but still a lot of fun.

Took over 1,500 photos. I took more pictures of each dog run just because I figured there were fewer entries and Wendy could keep up with editing still. Normally I try to just take about 10 - 20 per run, but this time I probably averaged around 30 or so.

We stayed with Erika in Seattle. It was good to know Kaylee was being taken care of back in Seattle - and got to hang out with Pamela too! (she came out to Seattle to visit Erika and also spend time with Kaylee - since she heard we'd be up for this photo shoot).

Some day Kaylee will be able to help us at these photo shoots... we do need a "runner" to take the filled compactflash cards back to the tent for processing. Right now I just do that between runs (herding goes much slower than agility so it's easy). I'd bet if we really wanted to, we could make this a full time gig -- traveling the country and doing just herding trials. But that's just crazy talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home