Saturday, August 12, 2006

New mountain bike for general trail riding... (Santa Cruz Superlight)



Bought a new mountain bike yesterday! It was sort of spur of the moment, but not. I've been missing the good ol' trail bike I had in my Trek that Wendy bought for me in 1998 for my birthday. When I tried it out again though earlier in the season, I found that after riding a "big bike" with full-suspension that a "hard tail" just wasn't gonna do.

So, been keeping an eye out at local shop for a decent trail bike (not for flying off cliffs or jumping road gaps, etc) that wasn't gonna break the bank.

There was a white Santa Cruz Superlight at Santiam Bicycle that I really liked, but didn't really like the color (didn't want a bike that matched the color of my truck, that'd be too "something"...) Anyway, one of the guys at the shop said "hey, I think we have a blue one in the back"... and when we went back there and he opened up the box, it was actually this orange frame I saw and I KNEW that was "my bike"!

They built it up the next day (Saturday), just in time for a group ride down McKenzie River trail (26 mile single-track)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home