Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Building a new freeride/downhill bike...

Buying some used parts to build up a new (bigger/better) freeride bike. It'll be more of a downhill bike (gonna have 8 3/4" of travel for rear-shock and 8" of travel on the front fork).

Going to sell my Kona Stinky to pay for most of the new bike.

Bought the '05 Norco Shore frame and Fox rear-shock yesterday (saved almost $1,000 off what cost would have been new)! Here it is moments after getting it home...



And here's detail of the FOX DHX 5 shock...



I plan to build it myself from parts from an '03 Norco bike I'll be buying this weekend. Wendy will be in Seattle (with Kaylee) most of next week - visiting her sister, so I figure I'll have some time in the evenings to devote to this project.

Can't wait to get it finished and try it out at Blackrock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home