Monday, September 05, 2005

Jumping at Blackrock...

Didn't feel like riding (must be getting burned out or something?), but wanted to go to Blackrock anyway - so I rode my motorcycle out there late Labor Day morning and brought my camera along too. There's always people hanging out at Basic Training on weekends and holidays, so I figured I'd run into riders I knew. After hiking up from trailhead, found the normal crew was working on tweeking the skinny section. Later (by noon), at least 20 people or so had dropped in to check out Basic Training and do some riding.

Above is picture of Phil (he also rode in the Mt Hood downhill race) clearing the entire wooden section of "the Simulator" jump (landing all the way down on the dirt - it's easily 30 foot gap to dirt!). Focus didn't turn out with this one, but I liked the composition of the shot - so used Photoshop to turn it into an "oil painting" (if you look at large version it's easier to see that effect).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home